Estimated Hours: 18 – 24 hours per week
Oversees all financial aspects of The Water’s Edge Church (Church) to ensure compliance with Church financial policies and meets Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Records and processes all donations to the Church as well as payments made for Church operations and other related funds. Assists with annual budget process and monitors the budget for significant variances. Prepare financial reports as needed. Contributes to and supports the Staff Team.
Essential Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to do detail work accurately
- Very good communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- Ability to develop a sense of community and function effectively in a team environment
- Proven skills to develop and implement innovative ideas and initiatives
- Knowledge of accounting software and the ability to learn new accounting software
- Computer and technology skills including keyboard, email, word processing, spreadsheets and internet
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Experience, Education and Training
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience with QuickBooks
- Experience in non-profit accounting preferred but not required
Persons who are interested should email their resumes, including qualifications for this position, to Jennie Clements, Administrator, at email@example.com.