A Letter From Pastor Craig
Dear Water’s Edge Family –
Throughout our short history as a church, I have observed so many people demonstrating great acts of faith:
- Serving children and youth even though they were overwhelmed by the thought of volunteering with creatures this age.
- Participating in a mission trip to remote places like Belize or Uganda despite feelings of anxiety.
- Making generous financial commitments with plenty of competing claims on a limited supply of money.
- Joining a small group without knowing if they would fit in or not.
- Inviting friends to worship with us when the inviter didn’t know what the invitee’s reaction would be.
- Supporting a hurting person when feeling under-resourced and inadequate.
- Showing up for a worship service for the first time not knowing what to expect.
This November, our worship services and our life groups will be experiencing and learning together with a series of messages called: In God WE Trust. We are going to explore the question: What will our collective lives look like when we trust in God first and foremost? On November 17th, we will be sharing our vision for 2020 and beyond. I’m so excited about our future. Our past has been great. Our best days as a church are in front of us. It’s going to take a lot of faith and trust to get us there and I know you are up to the challenge.
Our giving goal for 2020 is $1,080,000. This is a 7.15% increase over last year. This percentage increase is much lower than previous years. Our staff and ministry team leaders work hard and creatively to ensure that all monies given to The Water’s Edge are well spent. WE have exceeded much larger giving goals in the past and I have great faith, together, WE will do it again.
Your generosity assures that our ministries are fully funded and that WE are positioned for future community impact and growth. I am asking you to prayerfully make a faithful and bold commitment to fund our ministries and missions for 2020. A commitment card is enclosed. Commitment Sunday is November 24th. If you aren’t able to be present with us that Sunday, you can bring your commitment card to the church office or fill one out online at weomaha.com/give.