If you want to serve as a small group, family, or individual—here is a resource list for places in Omaha to serve.
- Info: Together is the first stop for people in need in Omaha. This outreach ministry provides education, guidance and services such as food, clothing, living essentials and financial assistance to prevent people from becoming homeless. http://togetheromaha.org/volunteer. On-site volunteer opportunities such as:
- Unload food deliveries
- Stock shelves
- Pick up donated items such as produce and bread from local grocery stores
- Prepare the food pantry for weekly food distributions
- Be a personal shopper for our holiday program
- Assist with general office duties such as filing and data entry
- Complete a painting or maintenance project in our building
- Contact: (402) 345-8047 / email@example.com
HOPE Center for Kids
- Info: The Hope Center for Kids strives to break the cycle of hopelessness by providing tangible hope to Omaha’s inner city children and youth through faith, education, employment and collaboration. Hope Center for Kids depends on the help of more than 65 volunteers each week.
- Contact: To learn more about volunteer opportunities go to hopecenterforkids.com, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 341-4673 x 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Door Mission
- Info: The goal of Open Door Mission is to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty. At the heart of Open Door Mission is its volunteers. Working hand in hand, members of the community can make a difference at Open Door Mission. Go to opendoormission.org to complete a brief volunteer application. Upon completion, you will be asked to sign up for a 60-minute volunteer orientation and tour where you are briefed on all areas where we can use help.
- Contact: Please contact the volunteer department by phone at 402-422-1111 ext. 1504 or e-mail email@example.com.
Ronald McDonald House
- Info: Their mission – Created for kids, designed to heal, driven by community, fueled by hope. Whether it is a shoulder to lean on or a warm meal, our volunteers brighten the days for families experiencing what is possibly the hardest time in their lives. Volunteers can assist in planning and coordinating evening activities, supplying and cooking meals or can commit to volunteering on a weekly shift.
Group Volunteer Opportunities: Perfect for companies, college honor societies, clubs and groups of friends!
- Dinner Group – select an evening to prepare & serve dinner. (please keep to 5-10 volunteers)
- Gardening, Spring Cleaning, Painting
- Game Night or Craft Night with Families
- Got a truck or van? Help us move Pop Tabs to Recycling Center! We recycle enough pop tabs to pay the utility bills for the whole house all year long!
- Contact: Call or Email Jennifer for more info (402.346.9377 or Jtyler@rmhcomaha.org)
Siena Frances House
- Info: The region’s largest shelter providing food, shelter, clothing and hope to homeless men, women, and children. Visit the website for an up-to-date list of how to help: sienafrancis.org. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Serving a Meal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Helping with miscellaneous projects (email@example.com)
- Contact: 402-341-1821
Good Samaritan Nursing Home – Millard & Millard Manor (128th & Q)
- Info: Opportunities are endless, and your talents, no matter what they might be, are always welcome. You can lead a small group discussion, provide transportation, bring together social events, share a knack for music or cooking, read or write letters, bring your pet for a visit, play games or put your green thumb to work. Our residents and staff are grateful for every hour you give as part of our team.
- 12856 Deauville Dr. Omaha, NE 68137
- Contact: (402) 895-2266, ask for Heather Holmes
Brookstone Meadows Rehab & Care Center – (Near 204th St., and south of Dodge
- Info: Providing Excellence in Skilled Rehabilitation Services
- 600 Brookestone Meadows Plaza, Elkhorn, NE 68022
- Contact: (402) 289-2696 (Ask for the activities director) Fax: (402) 289-1090
- Info: The Carolyn Scott Rainbow House, located at 7815 Harney Street, provides accommodations for families and patients undergoing acute, long-term treatment at Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Contact: For more info: 955.7815 or 1-800-642-8822, ext. 7815 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Info: Reaching at-risk youth. Release Ministries always needs volunteers. From office assistance and event work to mentoring and bible study leading, we can find a role to match your talents and passions. (3223 North 45th Street, Omaha, NE 68104-3711)
- Contact: (402) 455-0808 or email: email@example.com